Friday, 12 June 2015
Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 and SoapUI
We hit an interesting glitch yesterday, whilst trying to test IBM Business Monitor using the SoapUI tool ( http://www.soapui.org/ ).
Having configured IBM HTTP Server (IHS), in front of Monitor, to only support Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2, via this directive in httpd.conf : -
SSLProtocolDisable SSLv3 SSLv2 TLSv10 TLSv11
we then saw
when trying to connect to the Business Monitor REST emitter, which is fronted by IHS and the WebSphere Plugin.
Having confirmed that we could happily access the REST URL, via HTTPS, using Firefox, we realised that the issue was with SoapUI.
A few Google searches later, we found this: -
The following parameter must be added to the soapUI vmoptions file:
A spot of trial and some error later, we found that this is the file to which the article refers: -
*BUT* that we needed to start the client using the .EXE file: -
rather than the supplied batch file ( which appears to ignore the .vmoptions file ).
Once we made this change, and started the tool, it all worked.
Yay, VMware Fusion and macOS Big Sur - no longer "NAT good friends" - forgive the double negative and the terrible pun ...
After macOS 11 Big Sur was released in 2020, VMware updated their Fusion product to v12 and, sadly, managed to break Network Address Trans...
I've just spent ~1 hour trying to get a pair of Powerline adapters to .... pair. This involved pressing a "Pair" button on one...
I hit a wee snag earlier today, whilst attempting to unpack some IBM software on my NAS. Being a command-line junkie, I'd SSH'd into...
After an unscheduled reboot of the VMs that host my K8s cluster, I was struggling to work out why the kubelet wasn't starting properly...