Thursday 3 June 2021

Apple Remote - tell the telly to turn the heck off !

One nice feature of the Apple TV ( I have a couple of 'em ) is that they can turn the HDMI-attached TV on when you hit the [Menu] button on the  remote ... which is nice ....

But, of course, there's no off button .....

Wait, what now ?

So how do I turn off the TV when I'm done ? Go find and use the "normal" TV remote like a cave person ?

Or.....

Hit the "Siri' button - the one with the mic logo and say something like "Please turn off" ...

And that's it - one remote to rule them all, one remote to find them ( no, that's AirTags, fool ), one remote to bring them all and, in the Dark Mode, to bind them



No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow đŸ™€

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...