Thursday 17 June 2021

Networking notworking on Ubuntu ?

 Whilst helping a colleague dig into some issues he was seeing pulling an IBM WebSphere Liberty image from Docker Hub, I realised that my Ubuntu box was missing a couple of useful utilities, including nslookup and traceroute.

In the latter case, I did have traceroute6 but not the IP v4 equivalent.

Easily fixed ...

apt-get update && apt-get install -y dnsutils traceroute

and now we're good to go: -

which nslookup

/usr/bin/nslookup

nslookup -version

nslookup 9.16.1-Ubuntu

which traceroute

/usr/sbin/traceroute

traceroute --version

Modern traceroute for Linux, version 2.1.0
Copyright (c) 2016  Dmitry Butskoy,   License: GPL v2 or any later

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...