Not sure for why, but the Profiles Population Wizard never seems to complete. It runs for ever, without any obvious error. I'm using TDI v7.0.5 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5, going from Domino 8.5.2 to DB2 UDB 220.127.116.11.
The problem isn't with the PULL from Domino, as I can see that collect.dns is being created/populated correctly.
The problem does appear to be with the PUSH into DB2, as I see the same symptoms when I run the script - populate_from_dn_file.sh. The database tables were created using the DB Wizard. I've also checked db2diag but to no avail.
Again, I'm not seeing any particular error messages.
Anyone else seeing anything similar ?
Looks like I have a workaround to this problem: -
I navigated to: -
and edited ibmdisrv ( having first backed it up ) - note that this doesn't have a .sh extension.
I then changed: -
"$TDI_JAVA_PROGRAM" $TDI_MIXEDMODE_FLAG -cp "$TDI_HOME_DIR/IDILoader.jar" "$LOG_4J" com.ibm.di.loader.IDILoader com.ibm.di.server.RS "$@"
$TDI_JAVA_PROGRAM" $TDI_MIXEDMODE_FLAG -Xnojit -cp "$TDI_HOME_DIR/IDILoader.jar" "$LOG_4J" com.ibm.di.loader.IDILoader com.ibm.di.server.RS "$@"
Having added the -Xnojit option, I then re-ran the Profiles Population script ( populate_from_dn_file.sh ), with Domino LDAP and DB2 started, and, lo and behold, four new DNs got pushed into my Profiles DB ( PEOPLEDB ), as evidenced by the SQL query db2 "select * from empinst.employee".
Job done :-)
It's also worth noting that the Lotus Connections 2.5 documentation also recommends adding the -Xms256M and -Xmx1024M to same command e.g.
"$TDI_JAVA_PROGRAM" $TDI_MIXEDMODE_FLAG -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -Xnojit -cp "$TDI_HOME_DIR/IDILoader.jar" "$LOG_4J" com.ibm.di.loader.IDILoader com.ibm.di.server.RS "$@"
but I've not yet tried this.
I imagine that an IBM Technote will be released to further document this workaround.