Friday 31 December 2010

LotusKnows - When should I use Connections and when should I use Quickr ?

A very useful re-post from my friend, Darren  Adams, about a blog post that Louis Richardson, IBM's Worldwide Sales Executive for Social Software, on when one should use Connections and when one should use Quickr.

I've been asked this question many times before - my elevator version is that Quickr is for structured team collaboration and that Connections is for unstructured one-to-one and one-to-many collaboration, but Louis has done a far far better job of explaining it: -

"...
Within IBM's social software offerings, we have a couple of great products (Lotus Connections and Lotus Quickr). While on first glance, they may appear to serve similar functions, they each have their own strengths in meeting certain social business needs. You may have heard this question around which one to use or maybe you've pondered this question yourself. If you look feature vs. feature, you could get confused, but it's really not that difficult. Let's take a minute and think about this from another perspective.
...

Here's the original post - have a read, and  comment accordingly.

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...