Thursday, 2 December 2010

Ooops, Populating the Lotus Connections 3.0 Profiles Database fails with CTGDIS497W Cannot find the java class for system:/Connectors/ProfileConnector

I'm progressing towards my first ever Lotus Connections 3.0 installation, and have been building up my VMware image piece by piece, as time allows :-)

So, having done the following: -

installed DB2 UDB 9.7.0.1
Installed Lotus Domino 8.5.2
Installed WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 7.0.0.9
Installed Tivoli Directory Integrator 7.0.0.0
Configured my WAS Deployment Manager and Node Agent to use Domino LDAP for security via the WAS Federated Repository
Created the necessary databases for Connections using the database creation wizard

So, I was ready for the next ( and last step before I take a well-deserved snapshot ) - populating the Profiles DB using TDI, via the Population Wizard.

So far, so good.

Sadly, I fell at the first hurdle, when the wizard failed with: -

ava.lang.Exception: [deleteEntry] CTGDIS497W Cannot find the java class for system:/Connectors/ProfileConnector. The jar file may be corrupted, or a file may have been deleted.
        at com.ibm.di.server.Log.exception(Log.java:1196)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.loadConfig(AssemblyLineComponent.java:2583)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.<init>(AssemblyLineComponent.java:458)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.loadConnector(AssemblyLine.java:1799)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.loadContainerConnectors(AssemblyLine.java:1447)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.loadContainerConnectors(AssemblyLine.java:1454)
        at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.loadContainerConnectors(AssemblyLine.java:1454)

in the file PopulateDBFromDNFile.log - this indicates that the the problem is going INTO DB2 rather than OUT of Domino, as the wizard is failing to populate into the DB from a text file which, in my case, is: -

/tmp/LC30/Wizards/TDIPopulation/TDISOL/linux/collect.dns

I kinda knew what the problem was, but a quick Google on CTGDIS497W threw up this Technote: -

IO11849: COMPONENTS PLACED IN THE 'USERJARS' PARAMETER ARE NOT LOADED CORRECTLY BY THE TDILOADER

which, in part, confirms that: -

This is a bug in the TDI 70 code and has been fixed. A formal fix shall be made available in TDI 70 fix pack 4 7.0-TIV-TDI-FP0004

Yes, in other words, I'd forgotten to install a fix pack onto TDI.

The LC3 installation worksheet recommends FP4 ( as an example/minimum), whereas the LC3 System Requirements document specifically states "Fix Pack 5".

So, there you have it, I am a complete and utter muppet.

Mind you, I only wasted a few minutes, and I learnt a valuable lesson :-)

Mind you, having said that, I've just noticed that I'm on DB2 UDB 9.7.0.1 whereas I should be on 9.7.0.2. Right, off to Fix Central I go ....

No comments:

Grokking grep

A colleague was tinkering with grep  and, thanks to him, I discovered a bit more about the trusty little utility. I had not really explored ...