Monday, 6 August 2012

CLFRP0037E: failed to be configured on WAS.

I saw this earlier during an IBM Connections 3.0.0 installation: -

CLFRP0037E: News failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Search failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Profiles failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Activities failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Blogs failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Communities failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Bookmarks failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Files failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Forums failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Home page failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Wikis failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Mobile failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.
CLFRP0037E: Moderation failed to be configured on WebSphere Application Server.

IBM Installation Manager showed an error for each and every IC3 application: Activities, Blogs, News etc.

When I dug further into the logs, such as: -

/opt/IBM/LotusConnections/logs/activitiesInstall.log

I saw: -

     [exec] [wplc-create-server] Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.cmdframework.InvalidParameterValueException: ADMF0003E: Invalid parameter value ic301.uk.ibm.com for parameter nodeName for command createApplicationServer.

I realised the error of my ways.

I'd used an inappropriate node name - ic301.uk.ibm.com - rather than, say, ic301.

I was performing a silent installation using a response file, so it was easy to uninstall and then reinstall.

This is the section of the response file that I needed to change, from: -

...
<data key='user.lcinstallscript.path' value='/var/ibm/InstallationManager/../LCInstallScript'/>
<data key='user.clusterlist' value=''/>
<data key='user.nodeslist' value='ic301.uk.ibm.com,localhostNode01,'/><data key='user.clusterfullinfo' value=''/>
<data key='user.was.installlocation' value='/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer'/>
<data key='user.was.userhome' value='/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01'/>
<data key='user.was.wasSoapPort' value='8879'/>

...

to: -

...
<data key='user.lcinstallscript.path' value='/var/ibm/InstallationManager/../LCInstallScript'/>
<data key='user.clusterlist' value=''/>
<data key='user.nodeslist' value='ic301,localhostNode01,'/>
<data key='user.clusterfullinfo' value=''/>
<data key='user.was.installlocation' value='/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer'/>
<data key='user.was.userhome' value='/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01'/>
<data key='user.was.wasSoapPort' value='8879'/>

...

I did this once I'd cleared up my WAS cell - having a node called ic301.uk.ibm.com led to the problem; IIM had picked this up when I first recorded the response file.

Hey, it's all about life on the learning curve.

No comments: