Tuesday 7 August 2012

More on IBM Connections 3 and Response Files - Updating to 3.0.1.1

So I followed my previous post: -


by creating a new response file to install the 3.0.1.1 fix pack, which I'd previously downloaded from IBM Fix Central - here's the direct link to the fix pack.

So I started by recording the response file: -

$ /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/IBMIM -record ~/LC_update.rsp -skipInstall skip

and noted that it's smart enough to install the update directly from the downloaded ZIP file: -

...
<repository location='/root/3.0.1.0-LC-Multi-FP001.zip'/>
...

and then used the response file to update Connections: -

$ /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/IBMIM -silent -input ~/LC_update.rsp 

which resulted in: -

Update results : 
News updated successfully.
Search updated successfully.
Profiles updated successfully.
Activities updated successfully.
Blogs updated successfully.
Communities updated successfully.
Bookmarks updated successfully.
Files updated successfully.
Forums updated successfully.
Home page updated successfully.
Wikis updated successfully.
Mobile updated successfully.
Moderation updated successfully.


Very impressive.

Now to get the CR2 fixes ....

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...