Thursday, 2 August 2012

Following the script - installing ( and patching ) IBM WebSphere Application Server using a response file ( silent installation )

Another one in the series: -

Before I start, I should explain that I was using a bundle of WAS ND that came with WebSphere Portal 7 - 

CZLP6ML - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0.0.11 for Linux on x86Series, 64-bit (IL-2)     

which comes as a 954 MB file - CZLP6ML.tar.

So I started by extracting the TAR file: -

mkdir /tmp/was7
cd /tmp/was7
tar xvf ~/CZLP6ML.tar

and then prepared the response file: -

cd /tmp/was7/linux/amd64/CIP/WAS
cp responsefile.nd.txt responsefile.nd.txt.original
vi responsefile.nd.txt

-OPT silentInstallLicenseAcceptance="true"
-OPT if_cip_modifyexistinginstall=customizationAndMaintenance
-OPT installType="installNew"
-OPT profileType="cell"
-OPT feature="languagepack.console.all"
-OPT feature="languagepack.server.all" 
-OPT disableOSPrereqChecking="true"
-OPT PROF_enableAdminSecurity="true"
-OPT PROF_adminUserName=wasadmin
-OPT PROF_adminPassword=Passw0rd
-OPT installLocation="/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer"
-OPT PROF_profilePath=/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles
-OPT PROF_profileName=Dmgr01
-OPT PROF_isDefault="true"
-OPT PROF_serverType="DEPLOYMENT_MANAGER"
-OPT PROF_hostName=ic301.uk.ibm.com
-OPT PROF_nodeName=ic301
-OPT PROF_cellName=ic301
-OPT PROF_defaultPorts="true"


and then installed the code: -

./install -options responsefile.nd.txt -silent

This gave me a WAS cell, with two profiles ( AppSrv01 and Dmgr01 ), with the node already federated into the cell. Due to my using a bundled version of WAS, I ended up with 7.0.0.11 - which I then went on to update ....

$ cd /tmp
$ tar xvzf ~/7.0.0.23-WS-UPDI-LinuxAMD64.tar.gz 
$ cd UpdateInstaller/
vi responsefiles/installWASFix.txt

-OPT checkFilePermissions="true"
-W maintenance.package="/opt/IBM/WebSphere/UpdateInstaller/maintenance/7.0.0-WS-IHS-LinuxX64-FP0000019.pak;/opt/IBM/WebSphere/UpdateInstaller/maintenance/7.0.0-WS-PLG-LinuxX64-FP0000019.pak;/opt/IBM/WebSphere/UpdateInstaller/maintenance/7.0.0-WS-WAS-LinuxX64-FP0000019.pak;/opt/IBM/WebSphere/UpdateInstaller/maintenance/7.0.0-WS-WASSDK-LinuxX64-FP0000019.pak"
-OPT disableNonBlockingPrereqChecking="true"
-W product.location="/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer"
-W update.type="install"

./update.sh -options /opt/IBM/WebSphere/UpdateInstaller/responsefiles/installWASFix.txt -silent

so I've now got a nice shiny WAS 7.0.0.19 environment.

Next steps ...

(a) Install and patch IHS
(b) Install and patch ITDS
(c) Populate the Connections DBs
(d) Install Connections
(e) Have a cuppa

No comments: