Wednesday 7 July 2010

Adding AND removing features from WebSphere Portal 6.1.5

Having worked out how to add support for WCM and Personalization recently: -

http://portal2portal.blogspot.com/2010/07/no-content-resource-collections.html

http://portal2portal.blogspot.com/2010/07/more-fun-with-no-content-resource.html

I was then asked how to REMOVE the WCM authoring portlets.

A quick search through the ConfigEngine tasks gave me this: -

/opt/IBM/WP7/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/ConfigEngine.sh remove-wcm-authoring -DWasPassword=wpsadm1n -DPortalAdminPwd=wpsadm1n

as per these entries in the Information Centre: -

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wcmdoc/v6r0/topic/com.ibm.lotus.wcm.doc/wcm/wcm_install_configtasks_removeauthoring.html

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r1/topic/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc_v615/wcm/wcm_install_configtasks_removeauthoring.html

Within an hour of answering that question, I was asked ( by another client ) how to remove the Mashups capability added by the WebSphere Portal 6.1.5 Feature Pack.

Following my own advice, I added Mashups into my Administration installation: -

/opt/IBM/WP7/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/ConfigEngine.sh deploy-portal-mashup-ui -DWasPassword=wpsadm1n -DPortalAdminPwd=wpsadm1n

and, having verified that I saw a Mashups page in my top navigation, and that I could edit the Mashup page, add iWidgets etc., I then *REMOVED* it  again: -

/opt/IBM/WP7/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/ConfigEngine.sh remove-portal-mashup-ui -DWasPassword=wpsadm1n -DPortalAdminPwd=wpsadm1n

/opt/IBM/WP7/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/ConfigEngine.sh action-remove-ear-wp.mmi.deploy -DWasPassword=wpsadm1n -DPortalAdminPwd=wpsadm1n

Now it's way too early to tell whether this (a) works properly or (b) is supported so, as with all of my top tips, **YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY**

No comments:

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...