Administrators require a secure, scalable, and resilient application infrastructure to support the development of JEE applications and SOA services. IBM's WebSphere Application Server is optimized for this task, and this book will ensure that you can utilize all that this tool has to offer with the exciting new features of IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 Administration Guide is fully revised with details of the new functionality of WebSphere Application Server 8.0, including the new installation GUI, managed deployment, and HPEL. With this book in hand, you will be equipped to provide an innovative, performance-based foundation to build, run, and manage JEE applications and SOA services.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 has been tuned for higher performance out of the box, and numerous enhancements have been made to give you as an administrator more options for increasing runtime performance. This book will allow you to utilize all of these features, including HPEL logging and disabling WebSphere MQ Messaging. You will be taken through how to configure and prepare WebSphere resources for your application deployments, and by the end of IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 Administration Guide, you will be able to successfully manage and tune your WebSphere 8.0 implementation.
What you will learn from this book :
- Get to grips with all of the new administrative features that WebSphere Application Server 8.0 has to offer, including the new installation process using IBM Installation Manager
- Take advantage of managed deployment to facilitate drag and drop deployments
- Save yourself hours of manual administrative effort with automated configuration
- Assign different levels of administrative access to secure the WebSphere Application Server administrative console
- Fully understand and implement Java messaging and enabling messaging persistence using databases
- Understand how to use the new derby JDBC drivers
- Learn how to manage additional application servers from a single administrative console
- Increase server performance by enabling the new HPEL binary logging, and disabling WebSphere MQ when Messaging services are not required
- Understand how to configure SSL for IBM HTTP Server and the Websphere Plug-in
IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 Administration Guide is a highly practical, example-driven tutorial. You will be introduced to WebSphere Application Server 8.0, and guided through configuration, deployment, and tuning for optimum performance.
Who this book is written for
If you are an administrator who wants to get up and running with IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0, then this book is not to be missed. Experience with WebSphere and Java would be an advantage, but is not essential.