Thursday 1 March 2012

IBM HTTP Server and CentOS Linux - Global Security Toolkit (GSK) not playing nicely

I'm breaking new ground, at least for me, with SSL certificates etc. within IBM HTTP Server on a current project, and have been expanding my knowledge of the Global Security Toolkit (GSK) on my own CentOS environment.

I've written about CentOS and IBM software before so this is merely a continuation of the series :-)

So when I saw an exception trying to run certain GSK commands such as gsk7cmd, I immediately assumed that I might be missing a shared library of some sort.

I confirmed this by running: -

$ cd /opt/IBM/HTTPServer/bin
./gsk7ver 

which returned: -

/opt/IBM/HTTPServer/gsk7/bin/gsk7ver: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I fixed this by running: -

$ yum install libstdc++.so.5

and was then able to re-run GSK commands, including gsk7ver.

More to come …...

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Visual Studio Code - Wow 🙀

Why did I not know that I can merely hit [cmd] [p]  to bring up a search box allowing me to search my project e.g. a repo cloned from GitHub...